The mission of KYHAM is to be an objective resource and KYHAM news is no exception. There are a few guidelines that all contributors must follow as they represent their organization and KYHAM.
- Just the facts. No editorializing. Like Skywarn, we observe and report.
- Always be truthful and fair. Remember the basics of journalism – “Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.”
- Covering amateur radio elections is okay as long as it is about the office, issues, and the same questions are submitted to all candidates and all have opportunity to respond.
- Feel free to write a feature if you have a favorite topic within amateur radio.
- If you have questions if something is acceptable, please contact Pat Spencer, KD4PWL. He’s here to help.
- How often do I need to submit an article? When you have news you would like to share with the entire state. It is up to you.
- How long do my articles need to be? As short or long as you need them to be. Cover the content.
- How do I post it on the news section? You will be given a login and password to log into the news section and you can enter your article without having to submit it
- What about grammar and spelling? You’re the author. *grin* The editor on the news section does have a spell check feature, but if you want grammar checking, compose your article in a word processing program and paste it into the news section.
If you have further questions, contact Pat Spencer, KD4PWL