District 3 ARES Meeting Agenda
April 12, 2014
To: Region 1, District 3 ARES EC, AECs, ARES Members, and Licensed Amateur Radio Operators
From: Nick White, ARES District 3 DEC, KY ARRL PIC
RE: ARES Meeting
Date and Time: April 12, 2014, about 01:00 PM CDT
Location: Utica, KY Fire Station, 146 Kentucky 140, Utica, KY 42376, (270) 733-4328
See Google Directions: Utica Fire Station
Drive-In Frequency: Monitoring 145.270 MHz, 146.690 MHz
There will be a meeting of all District 3 ARES EC, AECs, ARES Members, and Licensed Amateur Radio Operators at the Utica, KY Fire Station following the Utica, KY Spring Amateur Radio Get Together, hosted by Jeffery L Horton, KK4IDX. If you have questions, please email me at email@example.com.
1. Depending on the availability of various EC’s in District 3, we want to get a first-hand update on the following:District 3’s increased communication capabilities.
a. Ohio Co new repeater, KD4BOH, 145.270
b. Daviess Co. digital packet development and repeater placement
c. Henderson Co repeater capability
d. Hancock Co developments
e. Webster Co developments
f. Union Co developments
g. Other District 3 developments….Open
2. District 3’s emerging linking opportunities
a. Linking District 3 with Brooks 146.700 in the event of an emergency
b. Wide area net development opportunities, linking District 3 with Central and North Central KY
c. Linking Districts 1, 2, and 3
d. Linking Region 1 to a wide area net
3. COMEX: April 21-24, Discussion/Questions
4. This will be informative meeting focused on sharing information that could be helpful for county EC’s and DEC’s to expand further their emergency communications programs. Everyone is invited to attend and share information with the group.
5. Again, depending on the availability of EC’s, I expect the length of the meeting to be between 1 and 2 hours.
6. There also will be an Amateur Radio Test Session, starting at 10:00 AM CDT at the Utica Fire Station. Please Contact Bob Spears, AA4RL, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Walk-ins welcome.
7. Bring your own water, etc., or buy drinks and snacks locally.